Brave crashes 20 seconds after starting after new windows 10 update applied

I had the same issue, following a Windows upgrade earlier in the week Brave kept crashing after a few minutes or less, without writing any crash report. After fruitless attempts to disable gpu, disable all extensions, uninstall and re-install Brave, I uninstalled Brave, cleared out all data in Program Files(x86)/Bravesoftware and C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware , restarted, reinstalled Brave, re-enabled sync w my mobile, imported the old extensions from Chrome. I also unchecked enable hardware acceleration(whether needed or not). Now Brave has been running for a couple of hours without crashing. Hopefully it stays that way…

— Update — 30 mins after writing the above I had a banner show up saying a new version 2 of sync is coming. Click here to learn more. I made the mistake of clicking on it, which immediately crashed Brave. And now its back to crashing every 30 seconds or so (5 times just when writing this text) … No crash reports are written.

Unfortunately it seems Brave browser and sync have a long way to go in the stability area to become a contender to replace Chrome.

I came out of this issue by installing the beta version.

if possible try it once, it may work (before doing this make sure, you copied all the required pass phrases as well) :smiley:

Facing the exact same issue.

• I tried uninstalling Brave, cleaned the AppData\local folder and reinstalling (DIDN’T WORK!)

• even downloaded the Brave beta version as someone else suggested (which BTW failed to install!!).

• Then went to their github page and downloaded the Desktop Dev Channel build( https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.13.68) and this works just fine without any issues!
    NOTE: Dev Channel builds are not stable releases, so proceed with caution unless you’re a developer or ready to take the risks associated with installation of developer releases!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.