Brave corrupted on MacBook

Hey,

A few days ago, I was using Brave on my MacBook Pro (M1 2020) and it suddenly crashed. Once I tried to open it again, it said “can’t open because ‘Brave Browser’ may be damaged or incomplete.” I hate Chrome and Safari and have been loving Brave, all my bookmarks that I have organised in 2 years are suddenly gone and same goes with passwords. I am still in panic and have been trying to fix it since but had no luck with the process.

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 5.32.27 PM

The icon looks like this now:
Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 5.32.36 PM

(MacOS 13.0.1)(Brave: I don’t know the version but I have updated it quite a bit after I first installed so I believe it was 3-4 months old at max)

I will reinstall the browser but I really need the bookmarks and any help is heavily appreciated. I even had 4 profiles for different stuff and everything is gone.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Hello @mridul289

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you kindly try to install the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist?

Be waiting for your response!

wouldn’t installing those versions remove this version entirely? Like overwriting all the data?

Hi again @mridul289

Thanks for your reply we appreciate the details. Could you kindly share a screenshot of the issue when you tried to install Beta or Nightly version?

Be waiting for your response!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.