Brave Closing randomly

Hey, so I am having this problem recently, my brave is shutting down randomly when opening a tab or even switching tabs

Would you mind providing additional information?
Which Brave build/version are you using? Which OS?

Same issue here, just started happening today.

using WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL - 10.0.17134 - Number 17134

My Brave Version 0.56.2 Chromium: 70.0.3538.35 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Thanks! we’ve had quite a few people reporting crashes recently:

Do you have automatic crash reporting enabled (Settings --> Privacy and Security --> Automatically Send Crash Reports to Brave) ?

Yes I do have it enabled

Excellent, we appreciate that :slight_smile:
I’ll update everyone on the status of the crashes here on Community as I learn more.

Do you happen to use uBlock Origin extension?

On my Windows 10 Home / Brave 0.56.2 Dev, disabling uBlock Origin solves my crash problem.

yes I do use it on my brave

Yep, me too with the crashes. Mine is repeatable - I have two Gmail accounts. The main one is a pinned tab, and I opened the second account in another tab. Now every time I try to close that tab, Brave crashes. I enabled the reports, but don’t see any confirmation that they’re being sent.
Windows Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.665) / Brave Version 0.56.4 Chromium: 70.0.3538.54 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

If crash reports are being sent, they should look like this:

It contains both a local and uploaded crash ID.

Hmmn. No such messages seen. I solved my issue by closing the tab and crashing Brave Dev again, then ignoring the “didn’t close properly” pop-up and reloading my pinned pages manually. I have three – the main Gmail account, Workflowy and TickTick. That crash didn’t generate a report either. Checked to verify the crash report option is still selected… L

Otherwise Brave Dev is a champion browser – small footprint, quick and -present situation excepted- reliable. I also have some extensions, two of which are ‘not recommended’ – Buffer and Dark Reader. They’re holdovers from Firefox.

I’ll try the 2nd Gmail account again in a while and see whether the same thing happens…

@stuart,
Are you looking in chrom://crashes?

I found a ‘crashes’ folder, but it’s empty. Also had another crash - 6 tabs open, 5 in one window and a separate tab/window for a webinar replay. Both windows crashed in the middle of a replay - again, no report that I can see…

Hello there, I’m using brave on duk-l09, android version 8.0.0 and though it works normally just perfect, while browsing instagram in the browser, after a short period, it always gets frozen.

In the address bar, type brave://crashes to view your crash reports.