Brave claims Rewards-Server is not responding

linux
payments
rewards

Description of the issue:

I am currently (and have been for some time) unable to use the Brave Rewards program, because the Browser claims that the Brave-Rewards-Server is not responding.

Steps to Reproduce:

Unknown

Actual Result:

I can not interact with my wallet in any way (Accepting the Grant, Backing up my wallet, etc.)
Currently the Rewards page looks like this:

Expected result:

The Brave Rewards site and features should be operational.

Reproduces how often:

Always, when using my configuration files.
Moving them away, and letting Brave regenerate them, fixes the issue (at the cost of all stored data and configuration).

Brave Version:

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Also happens on Brave Developer 0.60.11

Additional Information:

OS: Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon (at the time of first occurrence Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon)

I did not have any money inside the wallet when this began.
(Sometime around or after I switched to the Chromium-based-Brave via the import function before it’s stable release.)
Since this issue appeared a long time ago, I cannot remember what could have caused this.

Deleting or moving away “~/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/” fixes this problem but I wish to avoid losing my settings, browsing history, stored passwords, etc.

Due to this problem not showing when resetting the config, I am assuming that - despite the error message saying otherwise - this is not a problem with my internet connection or network settings.

I would appreciate some help on how to repair my profile.
(Perhaps only deleting files responsible for Rewards would solve this?)

Thanks!

closed #2

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.