Brave claims Rewards-Server is not responding

Description of the issue:

I am currently (and have been for some time) unable to use the Brave Rewards program, because the Browser claims that the Brave-Rewards-Server is not responding.

Steps to Reproduce:

Unknown

Actual Result:

I can not interact with my wallet in any way (Accepting the Grant, Backing up my wallet, etc.)
Currently the Rewards page looks like this:

Expected result:

The Brave Rewards site and features should be operational.

Reproduces how often:

Always, when using my configuration files.
Moving them away, and letting Brave regenerate them, fixes the issue (at the cost of all stored data and configuration).

Brave Version:

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Also happens on Brave Developer 0.60.11

Additional Information:

OS: Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon (at the time of first occurrence Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon)

I did not have any money inside the wallet when this began.
(Sometime around or after I switched to the Chromium-based-Brave via the import function before it’s stable release.)
Since this issue appeared a long time ago, I cannot remember what could have caused this.

Deleting or moving away “~/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/” fixes this problem but I wish to avoid losing my settings, browsing history, stored passwords, etc.

Due to this problem not showing when resetting the config, I am assuming that - despite the error message saying otherwise - this is not a problem with my internet connection or network settings.

I would appreciate some help on how to repair my profile.
(Perhaps only deleting files responsible for Rewards would solve this?)

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.