Brave can't download files securely

Hello.

I used to use Chrome and went looking for another browser when it started the “can’t download files securely” issue. I found Brave and all was well.

Brave has now started doing the exact same thing, on desktop (WIndows 10/64bit). It is fine, thus far, on Android.

I cannot find a single thing about this precise issue, anywhere. I do get the option to “keep” in the little dialog box for each download but, obviously, I’d like this to stop.

Any thoughts?

I’ve Just noticed this is only happening in private browing mode, without Tor.

Version 1.27.109 Chromium: 92.0.4515.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)*

1 Like

Can you provide an example of what actions trigger it?

@MazShaw,
As @JimB1 asked, can you please share some sites in which you see this error when trying to download files. Also, to confirm you’re saying this only happens in private browsing mode?

Hello Jim and Mattches. It’s Tumblr that is the culprit and when downloading images. Occasionally PDF’s too.

Any of the “Download” links below any of the players. Though it only started doing this recently, I went back and tried to download one I’d downloaded a couple weeks ago, and it gave the same “…mp3 can’t be downloaded securely” message.

Also, I used to be able to right click, Open Image in New Tab on jpgs on pages like:

Now it brings up a save box. I don’t know when that started, and it’s not on all sites.

Thanks!

TheStever,

Take a look at:

Thanks! I’ll give it a go when I get back home. It might be a Win10 thing. I had not realized until I got to the office, but both my Win8 laptop and my Win7 desktop work as they always have. The Win10 changed in the last week, maybe because of some Windows update? It’s also the only machine I have still running Windows Defender…

TheStever,

You might also keep an eye on:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.