Description of the issue:
I am trialling the built in password manager and it does not appear to be storing my passwords. I click to allow it to store the passwords when logging into different services in the top bar when logging in, I get into the services, but it doesn’t appear to store them. NB: The sites I do not want to store passwords for are showing up. I check in about:passwords and there is no reference to the sites I have requested passwords to be stored.
Steps to Reproduce:
NB: I am using doodle as an example, but this is happening with all the services I try.
- Go to a web service with a password (e.g. doodle.com)
- Add my usermame and password
- I see the top bar asking 'Would you like Brave to remember the password for xx on xx?
- I click ‘Allow’
- I am logged into the service (doodle)
- I log out of (doodle)
- I check the passwords settings at about:passwords
- There is no reference to this stored password
- I return to doodle and try to login
- There is no stored password
I expect to see a stored password option appear while I am logging into a web service.
Reproduces how often:
(I think I’ve uploaded a screengrab of about:Brave below. I also cannot copy and paste using Brave)
OS release: 17.7.0
Update channel: release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Mac OS
Brave sync: v 1.4.2
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
I think I’m on a live release?
(first post here, hope it’s useful)