Brave built in password management is not storing my passwords

Description of the issue:

I am trialling the built in password manager and it does not appear to be storing my passwords. I click to allow it to store the passwords when logging into different services in the top bar when logging in, I get into the services, but it doesn’t appear to store them. NB: The sites I do not want to store passwords for are showing up. I check in about:passwords and there is no reference to the sites I have requested passwords to be stored.

Steps to Reproduce:
NB: I am using doodle as an example, but this is happening with all the services I try.

1. Go to a web service with a password (e.g. doodle.com)
  2. Add my usermame and password
  3. I see the top bar asking 'Would you like Brave to remember the password for xx on xx?
  4. I click ‘Allow’
  5. I am logged into the service (doodle)
  6. I log out of (doodle)
  7. I check the passwords settings at about:passwords
  8. There is no reference to this stored password
  9. I return to doodle and try to login
  10. There is no stored password

Expected result:
I expect to see a stored password option appear while I am logging into a web service.

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Brave Version:
(I think I’ve uploaded a screengrab of about:Brave below. I also cannot copy and paste using Brave)
V8: 6.9.427.23
Muon: 8.1.6
OS release: 17.7.0
Update channel: release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Mac OS
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave sync: v 1.4.2

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
I think I’m on a live release?

(first post here, hope it’s useful)

I got the same problem.
Every time i click Save. When I click on the key icon again, it said “No passwords saved for this side”.
I just clicked save!

I love Brave Browser. Hope someone can fix this.
Thank you guy

Can anyone help me out?

The first thing I would do would be to update to the latest release.
You are both using the Muon Brave build. We have since deprecated Brave Muon in favor of this:

https://brave.com/download

I highly recommend you install the new build and enjoy a much better browsing experience.
It runs in parallel with the Muon version you have installed now, so you don’t have to uninstall or overwrite anything and you can even import data from your previous Brave install into the new build.

If you decide you’d like to stick with the version you’re using now and want to resolve the problem, check to see if you have updates available by

1. Opening the menu
  2. Settings --> Help --> Check for Updates
  3. Brave will automatically search for available updates

If this doesn’t work you can download updates/installers for the live version of the Muon build you’re using here:

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mattches for your advice, I’ve downloaded the new Brave (Version 0.55.20 Chromium: 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)). It’s great - yet still doesn’t store the passwords for me!

It’s been good for me though, I’ve finally set up lastpass like I should have done years ago - so I’ll plug that in instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying it, although I’d like to get to the bottom of the password business anyway but I’ll handle that myself.

Enjoy your privacy!