Description of the issue:
I’ve been using the Brave browser on iOS for a number of months with x-callback-urls.
I was using these x-callback-urls to open my favorite links in Brave instead of Safari.
I was able to do this in apps that support x-callback-url such as Siri Shortcuts and Launcher.
I was able to use the following x-callback-url to create these links:
All I would need to do is change the “MYLINK” text to the actual link I wanted to open.
For example, the following x-callback-url would open Brave’s homepage in the Brave browser on iOS:
These x-callback-urls were working perfectly until the version 1.7 update of the Brave browser on iOS but since this update, they’ve stopped working. The Brave browser still opens but the associated link doesn’t. All I see is a blank tab.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
This issue can be reproduced in any app that supports x-callback-urls but for this example I will use the Siri Shortcuts app which can be downloaded for free in the iOS app store (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shortcuts/id915249334?mt=8).
- Open the Siri Shortcuts app.
- Tap the “+” icon at the top right of the screen to create a new shortcut.
- Search for “URL” in the menu at the bottom of the screen and select the option that says “URL”.
- Enter the following URL in the input field: brave://x-callback-url/open?url=https://brave.com/
- Search for “x-callback” in the menu at the bottom of the screen and select the option that says “Open X-Callback URL”.
- Tap the play button icon at the top of the screen.
- You may be prompted to allow Shortcuts to open Brave. If you are prompted, allow the app to open Brave.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The Brave browser opens with a blank tab.
The Brave browser should open and load https://brave.com/
Reproduces how often:
Every time I’ve tried to use x-callback-urls since the version 1.7 update of the iOS app.
1.7 (iOS app)
Mobile Device details