Brave Browser won't launch in Windows 7 and I'm about to reinstall


#1

I just wanted to know if it would be a help if I upload some logs for the dev team to look at them before I reinstall Brave.


#2

Please edit the post and provide details so that we can help troubleshoot.


#3

Brave was working for me early yesterday but then it just stopped launching when I would click on the icon. I have process explorer open and it says that the Brave process is suspended. Here are the last few lines of a log file that I found:

2018-06-28 16:32:20> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --download brave-downloadglobalsslfastlynet/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64/
2018-06-28 16:32:20> Program: Fetching update information, downloading from brave-downloadglobalsslfastlynet/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64/
2018-06-28 16:32:20> CheckForUpdateImpl: Using existing staging user ID: d8153322-8446-5ffc-a876-8d887569b515
2018-06-28 16:32:20> CheckForUpdateImpl: Downloading RELEASES file from brave-downloadglobalsslfastlynet/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64
2018-06-28 16:32:20> FileDownloader: Downloading url: brave-downloadglobalsslfastlynet/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64/RELEASES?id=Brave&localVersion=0.22.810&arch=amd64
2018-06-28 16:32:20> FileDownloader: Downloading file: https: brave-downloadglobalsslfastlynet/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64/Brave-0.23.19-full.nupkg
2018-06-28 16:32:21> IEnableLogger: Failed downloading URL: brave-downloadglobalsslfastlynet/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64/Brave-0.23.19-full.nupkg: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.FileDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass2_2.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.Utility.d__42.MoveNext()
2018-06-28 16:32:21> FileDownloader: Downloading file: brave-download.global.ssl.fastly.net/multi-channel/releases/dev/0.23.19/winx64/brave-0.23.19-full.nupkg
2018-06-28 16:33:15> UpdateInfo: Couldn’t get release notes for:Brave-0.23.19-full.nupkg: System.Exception: Invalid ‘ReleaseNotes’ value in nuspec file at ‘C:\Users<myUser>\AppData\Local\brave\packages\Brave-0.23.19-full.nupkg’
at Squirrel.ReleaseEntry.GetReleaseNotes(String packageDirectory)
at Squirrel.UpdateInfo.b__19_0(ReleaseEntry x)
2018-06-29 15:06:39> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater:


#4

Welp, I just tried again and Brave started for me. Kind of odd, I tried multiple times yesterday and today without success. I’ll keep an eye on this thread for a bit in case anyone wants any info, otherwise I’ll be on my happy way.

-Thanks


#5

Looks like its an issue with lock. Could you restart system and try. Make sure there are no %appdata%\Roaming\brave and %userprofile%\appdata\local\brave folders created . If there are any folders created delete them, restart and run the setup again and it should work.


#6

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.