Brave browser window turning white, removing all tabs

Description of the issue:
I am having an issue where randomly the entire browser will turn white and nothing is visible. I won’t be able to shuffle through tabs but I can move the browser windows around and eventually it flickers and then shows all the tabs and content again. If the tabs don’t show after 30 seconds or so, I have been quitting the Brave application on my MacBook Pro and re-opening to get it to work.

I have a dual-screen setup and was using Google Meet for a video call while working with clients. All brave windows on both screens turned white.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I have not found any step to reproduce this as it seemed completely random. I did notice that it was happening when I was video chatting with someone via Google Meet.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Brave browser turns all gray (or white) with only the red, yellow, and green buttons in the top right (Exit, Minimize, Full-screen)

Expected result:
Brave browser should not turn all white, leaving the user with only waiting to hope that their tabs come back or closing out and re-opening all tabs.

Reproduces how often:
The browser turned all white 3 times.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) version 10.15.6 (19G73)
Brave version 1.12.114

Additional Information:

3 Likes

@ryanmoreno,
It sounds a bit like a Hardware Acceleration problem – can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Thanks for the quick reply Mattches. I just toggled it off and will report back if I have the issue again.

1 Like

Exactly the same scenario and same set-up. Only started since the last update. Happens at random. The only difference is that I’m not using Google meet at all - useful kicks off when on Facebook but not exclusively. Can be Twitter or a random page

Same here. Brave version 1.12.114 with the same set-up.

It started two days ago with the last update and apparently has no pattern. The browser window turns all white on Youtube, Google Meets, and other random websites.

I’ve disabled Hardware Acceleration and will report if it happens again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.