Brave browser terminates shortly after a weblink in Obsidian notetaking app starts the browser

Description of the issue:
When a weblink in the Obsidian notetaking desktop app opens the Brave Browser that is not already running when the link is clicked, the browser opens to the weblink for 10-20 seconds and then terminates. If the Brave browser is already running when the Obsidian weblink is clicked, the Brave browser remains open.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Ensure the Brave browser is not running.
  2. Open Obsidian and click on a link to a webpage.
  3. Brave opens the webpage and then terminates after 10-20 seconds.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
N/A

Expected result:
The Brave browser should remain running

Reproduces how often:
Everytime

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Feren OS 2022.04, KDE Frameworks Version 5.92.0, Qt Version 5.15.3, Kernel Version 5.13.0-39 Generic (64-bit), Graphics Platform X11.
Brave Version 1.37.111 Chromium 100.0.4896.79 (Official Build)(64-bit)
Obsidian version 0.14.5

Additional Information:

I have no clue how to use the app (first time user). I created a link, and wouldn’t make it clickable. I’m only on this application defaults here. Can copy, and search within the url selected. Nothing launches a browser window.

Fanboynz,

Try using (http://www.reddit.com) , or
If you want a link name to appear instead, try prefixing the latter with the link name in single brackets. This will appear as link name and be clickable to go to the reddit.com website.

Don Calloway

Screenshot?

Tried [sdfsdf](www.domain.com) with no luck

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.