Brave browser never opens, started today

Description of the issue:
After i started my laptop today Brave browser unable to start, then clicked either with administrator or not the load icon appears and nothing happens. worked yesterday and i have tried uninstalling-reinstalling and deleting the brave folder.
edge and google chrome is working currently

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
not sure, i did the same yesterday as the day before

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
not much to screenshot other than a load icon over the brave browser logo

Expected result:
be able to open brave browser again.

Reproduces how often:
1 time reinstall, then tried to open brave browser, both administrator and normally

1. time folder delete, system delete of brave browser. then tried to open brave browser, both administrator and normally

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, cannot open the brave browser to check version

Additional Information:

Are there any Brave processes in the Task Manager before and after you try to open Brave?

I have a similar issue with here and it also happen overnight. I had nothing new installed and same extension since the start of this PC till today only new Windows update occasionally which did not update anything yesterday. But after I bootup my PC today the brave browser just had endless loop of crash. And to answer to Rethanis above, Brave is the first application I have on right after booting. So there shouldn’t be other application affecting it.

When I check event viewer it says one of my plugin is corrupted.
Is there a way like Chrome to let me run a safemode version of the brave browser so I could troubleshoot and disable or reinstall the faulty extension?

[13640:1200:0808/092318.464:WARNING:chrome_content_verifier_delegate.cc(213)] Corruption detected in extension mjkjompjknhcipamakpfliebpggggpga installed at: C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Greaselion\Temp\scoped_dir13640_1476507524, from webstore: 0, corruption reason: 1, should be repaired: 1, extension location: kComponent

Usually users can make Brave re-downloaded faulty components (extensions) by manually deleting their folders, but since I’m not aware what would happen if you delete Greaselion, which is found under AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data, I don’t want to suggest it to anyone.

There is an open Github issue related to the corruption found in the mentioned extension.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.