Brave browser hijacked + random unwanted Yahoo search + 'ask download location' option ignored πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

@Tiana,
If it appears even on a clean profile the issue is likely rooted in your System (unfortunately). Does Yahoo! only pop up on Brave, or will you get the same behavior if you use other web browsers?

You just said it occurs on a clean profile? Ok, you hit it then. The extensions theory is not valid anymore. Maybe you should run a complete virus/trojan scan; or maybe @Mattches or @jaybird see a different solution?

EDIT: Ok, Mattches was writing same time as me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Mattches, I was afraid that was the issue. I’ll do that now and report back.

1 Like

OMG you are right :frowning:

1 Like

Your best bet is to seek malware/adware removal help from one of the links posted above. Both forums provide trusted help with malware/adware removal.

1 Like

Ok I figured out what happened. I have AT&T as my service provider and they changed some settings. Unfortunately they use Yahoo, so it looks like they are hijacking. ~ I would like a few hours of my life back, but I guess its good to wipe and clean everything. :woman_facepalming:

Here are the directions to fix the issue if anyone else does not like the DNS assist from Yahoo.

1 Like

found the fix

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.