Muon 2.56.8
libchromiumcontent 56.0.2924.87
V8 5.6.326.50
Node.js 7.4.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.14393
os.arch x64

I tested the browser on https://panopticlick.eff.org/ and it displayed an ‘X’ where it says, ‘Does your browser protect from fingerprinting?’ I obviously had the protection on in Brave.

I also read ccSerg reply on Fingerprinting protection seems not to work but figured how is it that the Tor Browser team managed to fix the issue and maybe they could provide some input.

Too many problems with the browser

Hello, Numpty.

The topic of fingerprinting comes up from time to time. The panopticlick test registers a false-positive for Brave in this case. When Brave’s mechanism is understood, it’s clear why the test appears to indict the browser for failure to prevent fingerprinting.

@yan provided the following feedback on a GitHub issue:

everyone should have the same canvas hash

panopticlick is based on the number of users who visit EFF’s site, so it’s definitely skewed. if you visit the site over and over again in new incognito tabs, it no longer says you’re fingerprintable.

If you would like to study this matter further, please see Fingerprinting Protection Mode in our Wiki.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.