Brave Browser doesn't save my customized settings with Linux Mint

**Description of the issue:**I am having an issue with Brave not saving my customized settings.

When I boot my laptop running Linux Mint 20, my Brave Browser settings have been reset back to the default (I guess). Once I set them (again) to where I want them, at some point, Brave toggles the individual settings back to their “on” position (to the right, when I have moved them “off”, to the left). I am seeing this primarily with Anonymous Local Results, Summarizer and Anonymous Usage Metrics. I am using Brave version 1.49.120 Chromium, 111.0.5563.64.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Just booting the computer and also using it.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often: When I first boot up, and then during any session.

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):**Linux Mint 20, Brave 1.49.120 Chromium, 111.0.5563.64

Additional Information:

I discovered the answer in an old post entitled “Brave search don’t save settings”. I didn’t realize I was clearing the settings each time I closed the browser. I adjusted my settings and now it works!

Here’s the link: Brave search don't save settings

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.