Brave Browser Does Not Support Text Wrapping Features in Google Sheets

Description of the issue:
An issue with the Brave Browser prevents formatting of Google Sheets under the “Text Wrapping” category.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. First and foremost, I just installed Brave (Version 0.58.16 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98) on this host (Win 10 Desktop) this evening.
  2. I cleared all saved data from the browser, logged out and then back in to my Google account,
  3. Disabled all three extensions that I have and attempted to enable all of them in varying sequences to isolate the problem (ublock origin, dark reader, reddit enhancement suite).
  4. Did not have the same issue on my Ubuntu 18.04 installation (Macbook) (Brave 0.25.2 / rev 8ea2a9c) with the same add-ons installed and enabled.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Here is word wrap not supported on Brave:

Expected result:
Here is word wrap supported on Chrome:

Both have the same add-ons installed.

Additionally, the output is the same on the Linux installation as well.

Reproduces how often:
Reproduction of the issue persists across the steps detailed above as well as persistence across reboots of the computer. Persistence of the issue occurs even with a base Brave installation

Brave Version(about:brave):
Brave Version:
Version 0.58.16 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Reproducible on current live release: Presumably, if the stable installation counts as live and not dev.

Additional Information:
If anyone else can reproduce this result, that would help strengthen the argument. I’m not in a position at this time to download Chromium on Ubuntu to see if the issue persists on there as well, but given how the old Brave version did not suffer from this problem, I’m assuming it is due to the recent revamp of the Browser.
Hopefully the fix is something simple for the devs to help make Brave viable for others to move over and iron out these weird inconsistencies.

Edit: Forgot to delete the header that says “Delete this before posting.” Oops…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.