Brave Browser does not download any type of file due to an error called "virus scan error"

I tried to download several files but I got the virus scan error, it doesn’t even let me install the chrome extensions, so I don’t think it’s because the files have viruses, it also doesn’t let me install the “Google Translate” extension, the same error comes out .

I need to fix that error already mentioned before, I need to download several things in this browser but that makes it impossible for me!

Well, I had never installed a file in this browser, when I needed to install some, the error mentioned many times before came out, the browser works perfectly normal, just for that detail, I can’t download anything at all.

Expected result: Please someone tell me how to fix it or what I’m doing wrong

Version 1.42.88 Chromium 104.0.5112.81 (Build Oficial) (64 Bits)

I’m using Google Translate, sorry if there are mistakes in my grammar

@Nika2,
Welcome and thank you for reaching out.
Can you please share a screenshot of the error you see as it appears on your end?

Thanks for answering my question, but by this time, I solved the problem, it wasn’t a problem with the browser, but with some “regedit” options of my windows (I just updated it from 7 to 8.1)

1 Like

Excellent, thank you for the update. Glad everything is working for you again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.