Brave browser closing

my brave browser has been closing automatically since today morning for all pages. as soon as i open any tab on brave or visit any website it keeps closing by itself what can i do? i even uninstalled it and installed it again but to no avail

1 Like

Hi

The same issue occured to me this early morning November the first (Brave crashes after around 30 seconds).

I disabled the cards in the dashboard and, so far, Brave works fine.

I invite @Mattches to have a look at this issue.

7 Likes

Hi,

same issue here, what exactly do you mean by “I disabled the cards in the dashboard”?

1 Like

Hi @wheezzl
Don’t know if you found the answer but there’s a “Customise” option on the homepage / dashboard. Click that, click the “Cards” option, scroll to the bottom and move the slide to the left - that worked for me

4 Likes

Thank you very much, I figured it out in the meantime and it indeed seems to have solved the problem.

1 Like

Hey, thanks. Copied some part of your answer to help others.
Imma too lazy to type in, lol.

1 Like

thanks dude worked. :grinning:

thanks dude worked. :grinning:
ig this is a temporary fix right?

1 Like

yes mate, guess i’ll keep it like this until someone tells me there’s a fix

Thanks for everyone reporting. This appears to be an issue with the cyrpto.com widget and/or Brave News (leaning toward being the widget for most users). The team is aware of the issue and already working on a fix.

That said, if anyone is willing to submit their crash reports (brave://crashes) and report the crash report ID given there, it would be extremely helpful for us

2 Likes

tried using brave again but no sites are opening , twitter instagram youtube none of them are working whereas on other browsers they are working fine . the problem in the morning seems to have been solved but again new issues are happening where i cant even access a lot of websites whats going on?

@wrick,
Did you try the temp. fixes mention above?

the previous problem was solved but new problems arose a few hours earlier so

@wrick,
Can you please open a new thread and fill out all the information requested in the editor and we can continue troubleshooting there?

Thank you

I was having the same issue and your suggestion has seemingly solved it so far. Almost 24 hours with no crashes.
Thanks!

1 Like

It is really painful to see that it takes so long for Brave to fix something so trivial, apparently rendering the browser useless.

Do you mean the Local Crash Context IDs? Do you want them in a reply here? Because I have already submitted 4 crashes.

Even though it’s just a temporary fix, it worked for me. Thanks a lot

Hi

After trials and errors, It seems that the card Crypto.com (see image) is causing Brave to crash. So, so far on my device* Brave works fine with all the cards enabled, except the card Crypto.com. I hope this may help in resolving this issue in the next update.

• I tried this on Windows 11, Brave Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1 Like

This was fixed in less than 24 hours.

If anyone is still experiencing the issue, please ensure you update to v1.45.118 to apply the fix.

Thank you.