Brave browser closes as soon as Metamask opened

Please could someone advise on why when I open Metamask through Brave now decides to close down the browser altogether as soon as Metamask is opened.

Sometimes it allows me to put my password in to Metamask then closes but most of the time as soon as Metamask opens the browser automatically closes itself

Its only started doing this the last 2 days of trying and I’m using a MacBook

I have the same issue. Metamask constantly crashing when entering password after a transaction is sent. Very annoying.

Hi there,
I have the same problem with my Brave Browser. But not only a Metamask cause a Problem. It is also occured by a new Window opening and split to another.

same here + it can’t load uniswap, sushiswap, etc…

Same here on Windows 10. Brave crashes when signing messages in Metamask and the extension’s window is closing. The whole browser shuts down / crashes instead of just closing the extension window.
Same behaviour with other crypto extensions like Keplr wallet.
To me this seems like a generic bug with window handling of extensions?!

Can anyone here facing this issue with MetaMask please tell me what OS and Brave version you’re using?

MacOs Big Sur 11.5
Brave 1.27.109

The same thing is happening to me. When I am trying to sign on to a website with my metamask from my mac desktop. It immediately boots me out of the browser completely.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.