Brave Browser cant download .csv file "network error"

Brave Browser - Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61
Error : Operation Failerd. Network Error.
Not secure (null)

Downloading a “.csv” file from Play.Google.Com (Google Play Developer Console Website) gives me an error , tried to cancel cache and cookies , retried after 24 hours and also the Google support cant help with that , tried another browsers and work , problem still persist.

Using Wi-Fi 5GHz and Windows 11 22H2

1 Like

@Lohigno

Actual URL address: https://play.google.com/store/games

Go to: brave://settings/cookies

Disable: Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows

Allow cookies for sources:

  • [*.]google.com:443

Go to: brave://settings/content/javascript

Allow javascript for sources:

  • apps.google.com:443
  • cse.google.com:443
  • docs.google.com:443
  • meet.google.com:443
  • play.google.com:443
  • workspace.google.com:443
  • www.google.com:443
  • www.gstatic.com:443

Some of those, you may not need at the moment, but you probably will, later; so, enter them while you visit the settings area.

PS. Thank you for providing info - particularly the version numbers - in your Original Post (“OP”), above.

If you are feeling energetic, try . . .

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/getStarted

  • Select: Open a specific page or set of pages
  • Select: Add a new page
  • Enter: about:blank (notice the colon)

Go to: brave://settings/clearBrowserData

For tab Basic - set:

  • Time range:All time
  • Enable: Browsing history
  • Enable: Cookies and other site data (Signs you out of most sites)
  • Enable: Cached images and files

Click on the “Clear data” button.

(The “Clear data” button also saves the selections.)

Go to: brave://settings/shields

  • Disable: Auto-redirect AMP pages

If you have an older version of Brave Browser, try:

  • Disable Enable De-AMP at brave://flags

Go to: brave://settings/content

Scroll down to “Additional permissions” . . . and set:

  • Protocol handlers: Don't allow sites to handle protocols
  • File editing: Don't allow sites to edit files or folders on your device
  • Clipboard: Don't allow sites to see text or images on your clipboard
  • Window placement: Don't allow sites use info about your screens to open and place windows

Scroll down to “Content” . . . and set:

  • Pop-ups and redirects: Don't allow sites to send pop-ups or use redirects

Hi , thanks for the fast reply , tried both adding cookies and javascript sources allow.
Unfortunately the porblem persist.
The actual correct link where i need to download the .csv files are from this link “https://play.google.com/console/u/0/developers

NOTE : this problem never happened on older versions of Brave.

@Lohigno

I updated the list of sources.

BTW, to be sure, as a test, a simple text file for you to download. The contents are one word: “test”

testFile.txt (4 Bytes)

Thanks again , done all the steps once again one by one from the new source list and all the stuff , the test.txt its downloading , but not the file “.csv” from the https://play.google.com/console/u/0/developers

Today uninstalled completely Brave Browser , also the folder inside Program Files (x86) and on AppData Local fodlers plus from the regedit of windows 11 , done a cleanup and reboot , installed from the official website and the problem persist.

Hi

@Lohigno
Try downloading the csv file below; If not working through the browser, install the free version of idm internet download manager, go to idm options and add csv extension in file types TAB.

csv file (see image)

I tried downloading my own csv file through brave, result : dangerous file!
I tried downloading my own csv file through idm, result : downloads fine.

Hi.
Thanks for the support , tried downloading your .csv and the browser says its dangerous and cannot choose to keep the file. Downloaded the .zip and was all fine. Using a download manager works.

The problem got fixed itself yesterday 04/06/2022 without doing anything , just uninstalled and done a complete clean-up of the browser and reinstalled , had the same problem for the first few days and now is fixed out of nowhere. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.