Brave Browser (0.55.20) ignores night mode in Windows 10

Problem
Brave Browser ignores the night mode of Windows 10 when playing a video in youtube.

How it happens

1. Activate night mode in Windows 10
  2. Open Brave Browser
  3. Goto youtube
  4. Start a video
  5. Move with the pc mouse over the video or scroll down to the comments

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The night mode goes off in the video player until the pc mouse is moving over or the image is cut when scrolling to the comments

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Brave Version(about:brave):

Additional Information:
With the old Brave Browser (v0.25.2) night mode in Windows 10 works with the browser like it should.

Haven’t been able to reproduce this one. Seems to work fine. Maybe I’m performing steps wrong?
Hover over video and scroll down during playback, correct?

I have made a video with the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8wemxc1x65k97n3/201810311746.mp4/file

That’s my pc

http://www.mediafire.com/file/63gcspa6hj6pjpe/pc.html/file

I see - I was under the impression that the entire website theme changed from dark to light (or default) when scrolling.

Looks like some general discoloration but I was still unable to reproduce. Would you be willing to check and see if this same behavior presents for you in Chrome?

With Chrome 70.0.3538.77 and Brave Browser 0.25.2 the problem doesn’t appear. The Bug appears only in the standard view mode of the player (cinema and fullscreen mode works). When I activate the “statistics for nerds” the flickering stops and night mode works.

That is very strange behavior indeed.

Since I’m unable to reproduce I’m going to keep this topic open to see if any other users report the same occurrence. If it seems that the issue is not isolated I’m more than happy to open an issue and forward it to the devs.

I have made some more testing. I tried another driver for my gpu 18.5.1 and 18.10.1 (with full re-install) no luck. Now i changed my system to ryzen 7 2700x and Geforce 1050 2gb LP. The bug in Brave is now gone. If i get my hands on another system i will test my old cpu (ryzen 5 2400g) and see if the driver or my cpu is faulty. :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.