Muon 8.0.8
OS Release 15.6.0
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform macOS
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 68.0.3440.84

Everytime I try to open a new window everything is white and up in the left hand corner it says “adblock” and then some symbols.

Brave is pretty broken. I have no other adblock other than the extensions, which shouldn’t be breaking it. This is a recent problem. The only reason I’m able to access brave is because I still have one window open that I must open new tabs on. But no new windows. Below is a picture of what a new window looks like. The only way to exit is by clicking the “X” not even the hotkey on mac “CMD, W”

Hi @askingforafriend,

You can tell “your friend” that we had some similar issues with the 0.23.104 release where pages we’re coming up as “about:blank” and a few other oddities. However, these issues were addressed in a hotfix released shortly thereafter (0.23.105) and since then, we’ve released another update to the live build (0.23.107). This is the most up to date release. Before we continue troubleshooting, can your friend update Brave to the latest release and see if the problem persists?

If your friend doesn’t see the notification at the top saying that an upgrade available, open the menu, select Help --> Check for Updates. If your friend is having trouble with any of this please let me know and I’d be happy to assist them. :slight_smile:

Ah thank you very much! My friend updated his browser and my friend is all good now!

Hello - I’m jumping in here because I have the same problem. I have the most up to date release 0.23.107. I’ve reinstalled Brave, but still get the blank page rather than my home page when I open Brave, with “about:blank” in the address bar.

I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question - I am new to the Brave Community.

@SusanC0425, this is the perfect place to ask!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still encountering this issue. I spoke to the dev team and they informed me that there still going to be some outlying cases where this issue continues to present. The good news is they have confirmed that they are working on a fix and it will likely make it to the next update: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/pull/15194