Brave blocking too many sites for distributing malware or stealing login credentials

Brave recently started blocking sites with an orange screen and the message, “For your safety, Brave has blocked this site because it is distributing malware or stealing login credentials.” The difficulty? This is happening more and more often, on such sites as Huffington, Washington Post, other reputable sites that I’ve been visiting for years. Making it difficult to browse. Anyone else having this problem?

@BravePeter which Brave version that you use and your OS? Providing this kind of info will be really helpful for support and troubleshooting. :slightly_smiling_face:

Brave 0.26.0
I’m on Macbook pro, Yosemite…
Thanks!

Got it! Thanks for the confirmation @BravePeter.

It seems that you’re still using Brave (muon) 0.26.x. This version is no longer supported and has been replaced by the new Brave Browser (brave-core) 0.61.x and higher.

You should get the upgrade notification. If you not see it, can you try download the new version from brave.com ?

No need to uninstall the current Brave . You can run it in parallel. After you installed the new version, you can import your browser data from prev. Brave.

And recover your Brave Rewards wallet too (if you have any)

I’ve no issue visiting those sites using the latest version.
Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face: