Brave beta SyncV2 issues & questions

I have two WIndows10 machines here. One on build 1909 and the other on 2004. Both are Version 1.12.98 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) beta (64-bit). When I look at the History it only shows 4 tabs from the other machine. Why is it not showing all the tabs? This does not matter which machine I am on.

With Sync v2 what machine takes precedence regarding bookmarks, settings and extensions when there is a conflict/difference? I would like one machine to be the main computer for the syncing.

I have Bookmarks, History and Open tabs as the only thing to sync between two computers. When I go to history under the hamburger pull-down menu Recently Closed I see only 4 tabs for the other computer. Is Brave telling me these 4 tabs are recently closed or is Brave telling me these are the only tabs open on the other computer?

If Brave is telling me that these 4 tabs from the other computer are Recently Closed then there is an issue. Two of the 4 tabs being shown on the other computer are tabs that are still open on the other computer!

Is there no way of simply showing me ALL the tabs open in Brave from the other computer?

If I go to CTL+H to display the History is that history only the history for this local computer or is it showing the combined history for all the computers in the sync chain?

The display of Open Tabs and History in Brave is far from clear.

P.S. This is still occurring under
Version 1.13.54 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

@fedup,
Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m discussing your report with the Sync team right now – hope to have more information for you soon.

It seems that the 4 open tab has been confrimed by another user on Reddit and is hopefully ONLY a bug in the beta and not a limitation imposed by Brave as an appropriate number of tabs to show from other devices. If you are syncing open tabs from other machines then we should be able to see a list of all the open tabs from other systems on the same sync chain!

I assume Syncv2 will be released this week with this possible quirk in. #frustrating

Since Sync V2 release has been delayed to Aug 13th from Aug 11 and I have seen no response re this issue I have filed a bug report

Apparently the behavoir I have been seeing for these 2+ weeks is a known issue:

" Same as #11196. Only typed in URL’s are sync’d as of now and not tabs that have links opened via context menu or via external file link"

So Syncing of tabs is only half working.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.