Brave Beta Sync is buggy between IOS devices and windows 10

Description of the issue:

Cannot setup sync successfully between PC and IOS devices.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. install latest app version 1.18 (20.06.09.18) on iphone 10
  2. Start sync process from PC by clicking on Add device and then select tablet or device and scan provided QR Code with phone.
  3. PC shows itself on its own sync list, but does not show iphone after completing sync steps with iPhone.
  4. iPhone now shows itself twice… 1st listing says “Charles iPhone (This Device)” and second listing just says “Charles iPhone”.
  5. After several minutes the “Charles iPhone” listing on the iPhone just disappears.
  6. It was also noted that the second Iphone listing briefly reappeared on the list for about 5 seconds while poking around in settings in Brave on the iPhone. The iPhone has NEVER appeared on the PC list of sync devices

Expected result:
I assume I should see the sync list on both devices.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

On PC…
Version 1.13.54 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

On Iphone…
Version 1.18 (20.06.09.18)

Mobile Device details
running latest IOS 13.5.1 (17F80) on iphone 10 (MQAM2LL/A

Additional Information:
PC is a Lenovo Legion Y520 Model 80WK with 32GB RAM upgrade running Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS Build 18362.959.

Sync has not been working for years. Brave has announced a new hopefully working version. But so far this is wishful thinking.

As of now sync is absolutely unreliable and simply not working. Try it but expect it to be not working.

Brave devs have repeatedly stated that developing a reliable sync feature is very complex and difficult. Given the amount of bugs and missing features (especially on iOS but not limited to iOS) I doubt that sync will be working soon.