Brave beta (MacOS) crashes upon open

You can download the BETA that has the fix via https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/tag/v1.35.77. I’ve asked DevOps to push 1.35.77 so people should start seeing an update soon :+1: If you can’t wait, you can use the above link to download it manually.

1 Like

Downloaded and installed the new beta, same problem. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Yeah, this still doesn’t work.

Thanks! It’s working.

For those that are still experiencing start-up crashes and already have either 1.34.80 (Release) or 1.35.77 (BETA), can you please check your Crashpad folder and see if you have dmp files within the following directories?

Windows Crashpad location:

* Release -> C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Crashpad/completed

* BETA -> C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Beta\User Data\Crashpad/completed

* Nightly -> C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Nightly\User Data\Crashpad/completed

macOS Crashpad location:

* Release -> ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Crashpad/completed

* BETA -> ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser-Beta/Crashpad/completed

* Nightly -> ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser-Nightly/Crashpad/completed

If you don’t see anything in completed, please try the new or pending folders within Crashpad.

1 Like

@kamil So, brave beta is working but after i restarted my computer to see if its fully working, it’s not. It keeps crashing like usual

I’m having the same problem, on multiple machines but WinX and and android. Started after the last update and I’ve reinstalled multiple times.

It works fine on android and IOS. It’s just the computers that have problems. A few weeks ago, you could fix the problem by changing the name of the exe.file but, that doesn’t even work anymore.

I don’t have any BraveSoftware Folder, maybe that’s the Problem?

I’m GOOD! Downloaded from Brave & I got my Blue icon Back! Yippity do dah! :woman_cartwheeling:

1 Like

Still doesn’t work for me.
Downloaded Chrome, installed and runs perfect.
Downloaded Brave Latest Release, Beta and Nightly. None works for me. Always crashes upon open.
On the other hand I don’t have a Brave Folder under Application Support.

same. brave apps aren’t working for me withwe

@ZiG-ZaG @AOindian28,
Can you both confirm for me that, when installing the browser, did you drag the Brave icon into the Applications folder when prompted to do so?

yes, confirmed. the same like I did with chrome for example.

1 Like

I don’t know what you are saying, but I didn’t do that. I don’t even know where the applications folder is…

@Mattches @ZiG-ZaG There is one way you could get brave to work. So, I tried to rename the Brave exe file to something random like ss and it worked for me. You can’t see the icon anymore when you open it tho. But that’s fine

My Brave Program is called Brave.app, you are talking about this one? I changed the name from that but still doesn’t work.

What i did was i went to the search bar and searched brave, then i right clicked on it and went to open file location. I got sent to file explorer and i pressed open file location again and then i saw Brave and then a red lion icon. I clicked on rename and changed the name to ss

@ZiG-ZaG@AOindian28 is on a Windows machine, where as you appear to be on a macOS machine so the fix they are referring to will not work for you. I have pinged the appropriate team members to take another look at your situation in order to see what needs to be done to be reesolved

1 Like

Just updated to MacOS 12.2 and no changes.
Downloaded and installed actual Brave Release Version, Beta Version and Nightly Version. Still crashes after try to open.