Brave beta (MacOS) crashes upon open

I don’t see it in the list. :roll_eyes:

Very interesting and may very well be the cause of this issue. When you downloaded Brave, were you prompted to drag Brave.app into the Applications folder? If so did you complete that step?

Yes, I was prompted. I also dragged it applications.

Hey there.
Same issue here.
Happy to see that you’re on the way to fix. I love brave and used it a few months on my WindowsPC. Now on the Mac I can’t get it run. Same thing at starting BraveBrowser: it crashes instantly.

MacOS 12.01
run your cmd and get this output:

We’re wondering if the crash is specifically related to Chromium 97. I’m wondering if anyone here can try installing and running this specific build of the Beta and see if it also crashes? This version uses Chromium 96.0.4664.110 rather than 97:

Also looks like we’ve been able to reproduce this issue on our end. The team is working on a solution presently.

1 Like

Created https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/20351 and as @Mattches mentioned above, we’re looking into what could be causing this. Seems to be related to Chromium 97 and specific to ui::AddNativeUiColorMixer(ui::ColorProvider).

This shouldn’t be affecting the release channel as we’re still on C96.

1 Like

This worked! I downloaded it from Brave-Browser-Beta-*.dmg on the link you provided. Before trying, I attempted download from https://brave.com/download-beta/ just to make sure it still wasn’t working. It wasn’t. It crashed immediately.

I checked for updates and it had one, so I clicked update and it crashed again upon relaunch. I suppose that is to be expected. Thanks for troubleshooting. Hope this can be fixed. As stated before, I had to start using beta because I stopped getting BAT on the regular Brave browser. Not sure why, but that’s a separate issue.

Just a quick update. So this has been fixed and merged into both BETA & Release. On Nightly, the fix will be in 1.36.20 or higher and on BETA, it will be in 1.35.76 or higher which should be pushed out in the next few hours.

Regarding the release channel, we’re pushing out 1.34.x later today which will include the above fix as well.

2 Likes

Very nice work i´m very Happy. The beta crashed at mine but the Release Version is running fine :smiley:

Thank you too much <3

It still doesnt work for me man. I tried renaming it too. I renamed it a few weeks ago and it worked but today its not working

can you help me do this please?

@AOindian28,
What version of Brave are you using after the update?

I don’t know… I even reset my PC and it worked but after I restarted cause of technical issues, it started crashing,

Also, I’m using the official brave app not beta

I don’t know… I even reset my PC and it worked but after I restarted cause of technical issues, it started crashing,

Ok, how do I get Brave Beta Version 1.35.76? On the download page at https://brave.com/download-beta/ it downloads Version 135.75 and still crashes.

Brave Nightly, however, downloads Version 1.36.23 and is now working correctly. Appreciate the help.

cc: @Mattches

It worked for me also… :slightly_smiling_face:

Also crashed for me w/ the update. :upside_down_face:

I installed latest Official Release, Beta Version and Nightly. All crashed went trying to start:

Mac OS 12.1 Monterey M1 Chip

same here //////////////////////////////////////