Brave being inconsistent with ads

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? [
Version 1.25.68 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
]

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) YES

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? YES

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? NO

Brave is being inconsistent with ads, it sometimes shows 5 ads in an hour, and sometimes 2 ads in 3 hours. Please give a brief about why is this happening.

1 Like

This is normal. There is no guaranteed minimum number of ads per hour that will be shown on your device. The number of ads varies based on region as well as the total number of ads available at a given time. The “ads per hour” setting affects only the MAXIMUM number of ads you will be shown.

2 Likes

@chirag_soni_07 as rosiecar pointed out that’s pretty normal.

more info on ads here and here

3 Likes

Actually i meant to say, it shows ads correctly (in the form of background pictures) but sometimes count them and sometimes don’t. Someday it will count 4 ads in every hour and another day will not count 1 ad in 4 hours.

1 Like

Are you seeing only the background ads when you open a new tab? You get credit for only 4 of those per hour. You may see more than that in an hour, but you will not receive BAT credit for the additional ones. Are you not seeing the notification ads at all? Do you have them turned off?

2 Likes

No, I didn’t turn them off. Plus, the ads that i see in background the next hour don’t even get count.

1 Like

Just to make sure I understand: Do you or do you not see the popup notification ads? Do you have them enabled?

Also, if you don’t have auto-contribute turned OFF in all your devices, you may find BAT being deducted for donations that you didn’t intend. The default is ON, so you will have to change it manually.

2 Likes

No bro, I don’t see any popup notification from recent days. And I haven’t turned them off. And auto contribution is also off.

1 Like

So you WERE seeing popup notifications, but now you’re not? Did you start using a VPN?

Also, I asked about the auto-contribute because in your first post, you said that you did NOT turn it off.

1 Like

No I didn’t use vpn.
And sorry about auto contribution, it was a mistake.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

So is there still an issue here or no? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, the issue is still there. And I’m elaborating it once again. I’m seeing really less number of pop-up window ads (rarely 1-2, mostly zero in whole day). Plus, wallpaper ads are also having some issue. Like I understand it will count max 4 ads in an hour but after THAT hour it do not count any ad further for few more hours. In a day I hardly get 20 ads.

1 Like

@chirag_soni_07 how many profiles are you using with brave rewards enabled?

2 Likes

@chirag_soni_07,
You are not guaranteed to see any specific number of ads in any given time. The number of ads (notifications) you see vary on several factors, including what campaigns are running in your region, your browsing history, how many you’ve seen so far, etc. To me, seeing many ads for a while and then less ads after a while is not indicative of an issue or bug.

2 Likes

So is there any fixed number that you can’t get more ads than that in a day?

1 Like

2 profile use

• List item
1 Like

I’m using only one profile.

1 Like

@chirag_soni_07,
Yes – there is a maximum cap for each type of ad one can see per day. This does not mean that you will always hit that cap though.

2 Likes

@Mattches what are the maximum number of add a person can get. Someone tells that it is 20 but sometimes I get more than 20 ads before new update.

1 Like

@Rudra I think it used to be 20 and it is now 40? And I think it includes sponsored images shown on new tabs, and shared across all your devices.

1 Like