Brave auto-updated to latest version which is incompatible with my OS!

Description of the issue:

I am running Mac OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite). I am unable to update my OS due to the age of my mac. Brave just auto-updated to the latest version (88.1.20.103? - see below) which is incompatible with my OS. As a result, I am unable to launch the app and access my bookmarks, etc.

Since I am unable to update my OS, I need a link to the last version of Brave that was compatible with my OS so that I can launch Brave, access my bookmarks and either back them up or export them (I could also use your help both backing up and exporting my bookmarks).

This is VERY important as I have vital bookmarks that I am unable to access!!

Thank you very much!

John

Operating System and Brave Version:

MacOS 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Brave Version: 88.1.20.103 (hope this is accurate; since I can’t open Brave, I got this version number from the right-click → get info option on the app on my mac).

@jsulmeyer,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Please see the following solution for this in a previous thread:

1 Like

I’m not asking you not to keep these changes; I’m asking for the ability to temporarily install an older version of Brave so that I may access my bookmarks, back them up and export them. I am unable to upgrade my OS due to the age of my computer. As a result, Brave will not launch and I cannot access my CRUCIAL bookmarks!!

PLEASE HELP!!

@jsulmeyer,
The post I linked to above also has a direct link to download the last working version of the browser compatible with your OS, which you can install and use to re-open Brave and export bookmarks or any other data.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.