Brave Android visual glitches

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Tapping on text/URL

Expected result:
Glitched textures that spread across the screen.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.43.88
Mobile Device details
Android 12/Samsung Galaxy S22
Additional Information:

Go to brave://flags and disable “Accelerated 2D canvas” as the workaround.

I did that but the glitches still appear. They are just more see-through now. Also they only appear like that until the screen updates like scrolling up/down or switching to another window.

I am also experiencing these issues and the workaround did not work.

I found a way to fix it but its steep. You need to clear the app’s cache and all that extra data it stores for the app. This will delete all your saved passwords and start from as if you just intalled it. So make sure to go too settings, passwords and copy everything down before you clean everything.

I also noticed this problem a couple of months ago, but it was once in a while when switching tabs, but it seems each of the updates increases the chance, and now it is almost 90% of the time when selecting texts or switch tabs. I did try to clear all the history and caches, but it didn’t solve the problem. I tried other browsers, but only Brave has this issue.

You have to go to Brave’s “app info”. Long press the icon from your home screen and press the “i” looking button or go to settings and search “app info” then select Brave. Go to storage, manage storage, then clear all data.
REMEMBER, this will delete saved passwords, bookmarks, history, and practically every else on Brave.

Edit: Nevermind. Right as i posted this, it started to bug out. So i have no idea whats going on. Just a bug they have to fix

Yeah, that is what I did, and I even lost my bookmarks. Luckily, I synced with my computer (I still don’t understand why Brave doesn’t allow bookmark backup to cloud storage or import into a file for easy restore). Anyway, hopefully, Brave acknowledged the issue, even though the browser is still working fine, but it’s really annoying.

I have already tried this and tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still causes this issue.

Related? Might want to try this and see if it solves the problem. Please confirm if it does.

4 Likes

This fixed it i think! Its not bugging out on text anymore or when opening new tabs.

1 Like

Great! Confirm it solved the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.