Brave Android saying "wants to interact with Brave wallet" -How to disable on Android

Hello i’m having a problem with my Brave Android
When i click on web3 dapp it tells me i can connect to metamask
but when i click metamask, it wants to interact with the brave wallet
it cleary says : “this page wants to interact with Brave wallet”
I have no Brave wallet installed.

i read online that the fix on computer is to go and put Ethereum Provider to MetaMask or None.
But on android version there is not that settings in settings/ extensions or wallet menu to change those settings to avoid the encountered problem.
How can i disable the brave wallet or force any other wallet on Brave ?

Brave 1.43.94 chromium 105.0.5195.136
Android 12 build/SP2A.220305.013

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Mikey

Brave sets the default Ethereum wallet to its built-in one. Here’s how to enable MetaMask as yo

ur default wallet so you can connect to Matcha:

1. Click on the hamburger Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper right hand corner.

2. Click on Settings

3. Scroll down and click on Wallet and configure these settings:
    Default cryptocurrency wallet = None

Thats the solution for Brave computer but not for Brave Android
any guess ? Thank you

Go to brave://flags/, search for “Enable Brave Wallet Dapps support”, disable it and relaunch the browser.

Thank u Miho i tried the settings you gave , unfortunately it does not work
it wont show brave message about trying to open brave wallet , but when i click connect metamask the brave android does not do anything.
Where when it was enable the button seems to be clickable.
anywhere in the android version to say ethereum provider to Metamask ?
Thanks

Metamask android always gave me problems, i use trust wallet and all dapps connect fine directly into brave. The option in flags is just to disable the built-in wallet

I’d have to get the Wallet experts over here, such as @hub or @DouglasHDaniel to see if they can answer.

To my knowledge though, Brave Wallet comes automatically with Brave on all platforms and with Android not having any extensions, you’d be running dapps and all through Wallet. DApp support is offered through Brave Wallet. So when you say you dont have Brave Wallet installed, you actually do.

That said, I’m not all that familiar with dapps or anything so I may be far off on my thoughts there. Hopefully one of the two I tagged will see and be able to respond a bit better on the matter.

1 Like

Yes your are right brave wallet is there by default even if you have to initiate it
they should allow in the android version the same as the computer version to make it easy.
Let me know if you hear of anything ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.