Brave always states that it is not my default browser even though I has selected it as so

Brave always states that it is not my default browser even though I have selected it as so. This is on a fresh install of Debian 10 with Cinnamon desktop.

@jluquette,
What does your OS think your default browser is set to currently?

There’s only one other browser and that is Firefox by default. When I open Firefox, it states that it is not my default browser. But, just to make sure that there was not some kind of conflict, i deleted Firefox. Still, Brave states EVERY time I open it that it is not my default browser. So, I click “Make it my default browser” - but, that doesn’t make an difference.
Update: So the next day I was getting a bit aggravated at this issue so I decided to reinstall Firefox. When I opened it, of course it tells me that it is not my default browser. So I choose to make it my default browser. Later in the day, I went back to see how it compared to Brave and I noticed that Brave was no longer telling me that it was not my default browser! It worked every time that I opened Brave. I thought the problem was somehow fixed. So, I opened Brave’s settings and noticed that Make Brave Your Default was not chosen - so, I chose to make it my default browser. After that, every time I open Brave, it now tells me that it is NOT my default browser! So, just to check, I opened Firefox and made IT my default browser. Sure enough, when I now open Brave it will NEVER ask to make it my default!!! It’s exactly backwards. Apparently all you need is another browser to make your default and your annoying problem is fixed! I would certainly appreciate anyone explaining that one to me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.