Brave Ads only shows when Mouse is moved (from idle state)

I realize Brave Ads only shows when Mouse is moved from idle state. Which means, If I continuously working in front my computer, even for hours, Ads will not show. But, if I take a rest for a minutes, let Mouse and Keyboard rest still, Ads will shows once I moved the Mouse.

Anyone have same experience like me?

Is there anyway to allow Ads to shows no regardless I am working? Because I feel like I has missed lots of Ads while I fully focus on my work.

1 Like

@arshiva,
Do you by chance have a Logictech mouse (especially a Logictech gaming mouse)?

No. Just regular mouse.

Same thing happen to me but i am not sure if it’s “always”. I have a chinese gaming mouse.

same behavious here…I would say, its not a bug, its feature
also during debugging its recommended to wait ~30second and then move the mouse

I have totally different log in “chrome_debug.log”:

[368:7284:0617/150907.900:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(21)] Unable to move the cache: Access is denied. (0x5)
[368:7284:0617/150907.901:ERROR:cache_util.cc(139)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Users\veeve\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\ShaderCache\GPUCache to C:\Users\veeve\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\ShaderCache\old_GPUCache_000
[368:7284:0617/150907.902:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(184)] Unable to create cache
[368:7284:0617/150907.902:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(606)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2

By the way, I don’t have “Brave-Browser-Dev” folder but “Brave-Browser” folder. Is non-dev version Brave matter?

Additional information: I follow step 3 and go to: https://www.cnet.com/news/brave-promises-20x-faster-websites-with-speedreader-mode/, let go Mouse for 30 sec, when I moved the mouse again I do receive ads.

My main point is: Can I get ads even my mouse is moving?

@arshiva - as mentioned there, you should look for " Ctrl F to search for the phrase Notification not made" message in debug log…debug should work in each version of brave, only folders have other names (Brave-Browser-Dev for developer version etc)

The is no “Notification not made” phrase. Reply that I previously post is ALL message in “chrome_debug.log”.

same issue here with ads and idle time.

i have two laptops each one with its logitech mouse (basic logitech, not gaming), but only happens in one (the one with the older mouse)

the idle time is between 10 and 15 minutes, then moving the mouse results in an ad showing.

i’ve tried the instructions above for debugging but i don’t have “dev” folder so i’ve tried with the normal folder.

in the log there is no “notification not made” but there is the same message that the user arshiva has.

Thanks gophlb. I was wandering am I doing any step wrong.

Hopefully Brave’s developers see this post and resolve the issues.

im having the same issue… can anyone help me.

Yes sometimes ads doesn’t appear but as soon as I move mouse slightly it comes Even though the whole time I am using browser on active mode