Brave Ads not working well with Tor

Hello!
I operate a Tor middle relay from my home internet, and since I set it up, the reward system doesn’t work. The only ads I see are sponsored images when I open the new tab, however, I don’t get paid for them. I tried reinstalling the browser but it didn’t work. Seems like the issue is with Brave, my IP probably got banned for being a member of the Tor network.

Can someone confirm or deny that Brave Ads block Tor volunteers?
Thank you.

1 Like

I do not think so. Brave implemented tor in their browser. Why would they block their ads to tor users? Now brave ads don’t work in tor built-in brave. But it does in a normal window.

Maybe your relay traffic is affecting somehow the ads system, although Brave team would have to clarify this.

I am proud to know that you helps to offer a better and more anonymous internet for everyone, i admire you.

Greetings

1 Like

@xhGcmw Running a middle Tor node is not supposed to cause problems. If you’d like us to investigate further, can you please fill out the form at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so that we have the information we need to look into this in more details?

1 Like

@xhGcmw – additionally, can you make sure to include your Community user name in the subject line of the ticket as well so we can easily tell it’s you? Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.