The ads haven’t been showing up for days. The first day I used Brave Browser on my desktop I received 3 ads. From then onwards, I never again received an ad when browsing on my desktop computer. Now, I only receive ads when browsing on my mobile phone.
- I am using the latest version of Brave: Version 1.9.80 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- My desktop computer is running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.
- I have all notifications enabled for Brave Browser:
- My Rewards are enabled and set to the maximum number of ads displayed per hour (5)
- I already tried disabling the Rewards, restarting the browser, and re-enabling the Rewards, but this reset did nothing
- My husband, who is also using Brave browser with the same version of macOS, gets every single day at least 1 ad.
Why are ads no longer showing up on my desktop computer? I am very active on the internet, half the time reading about crypto. I google the same things on my desktop and mobile phone and get different results. This tells me that the problem is related to the Desktop browser.
I would greatly appreciate any help on this. I love the Brave Browser, but I am also disappointed to not be able to make the best out of it.
Update: It seems to be solved by uninstalling Brave, clearing cache with CCleaner and reinstalling. Ads suddenly started appearing after the reinstall.