Brave ads have stopped working

I’ve been using Brave Beta with my work and home computer for quite a while now, and since the start of January, both of my Brave installs just stopped sending ads.

Since the start of the month, both browsers are constantly showing “a problem occured when processing your contribution” (translated from French) every time I start them up. It seems something broke my Brave Rewards wallet or something, since the issue started on both computers at the same time.

I’m using Brave Beta 1.3.91 with Chromium 79.0.3945.117.

Any help would be appreciated.

@BSoD,
If you go to Settings --> Brave Rewards --> Ads does the Ad notifications received this month number show 0?

@Mattches
Indeed, I have received 0 ads this month according to Brave Rewards.

@BSoD,
Can you tell me what region/locale you’re in?

@Mattches
On my home PC, brave is in English, and on my work PC it’s in French.

@BSoD,
And what region are you actually located?

@Mattches
I’m located in France.

Any news? The problem is still happening.

I have the same problem (et je suis français aussi) but i began to use it 3 days ago so I don’t know if the problem comes from me or if every french people have the same problem right now

@BSoD,
The Ads team informs me that – at this time (but will likely to change as we move forward) France only contains adverts for certain particular products/product types – namely “Business/Consumer” products.

I’m going to rope in someone from the ads team and see if they can explain in further detail cc @jsecretan

@Mattches
Weird, I’ve mostly seen tech-related and charity-related ads for about a year now. Is this a recent change ? I’m receiving no ads at all now.

Plus, I constantly see this error message :

1 Like

Canadian user here. I can confirm that I use Brave a lot and can see my Ad settings set to 5 per hour. However I dont receive any notifications on my Mac. My version is up to date " Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)"

Would appreciate any help here.

Thanks

Curious to see how you get on. I am not receiving any notifications on my mac either but can’t seem to work out why.

I’ve started receiving ads on my work PC suddenly. My home PC still doesn’t receive any ads though. If this matters, both PCs run on Windows 10 1909.

I still have the “there was a problem processing your contribution” message each time I start Brave up on both computers.

I’m planning on doing a full reinstall of Brave on my home PC to see if it fixes things.

Yep i have same problem… no ads

5,569 -> Ads and Trackers Blocked
1 -> Ad notifications received this month

im on linux i use VPN (Mullvad) im try this force, but nothing work
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=en_GB /usr/bin/brave-browser
LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=sv_SE /usr/bin/brave-browser

next im try now in US

ps. any idea? @Mattches

I’m ita Italian and I received only 1 ad in a week, deppite the setting: 5 ads in an hour

I think my issue could have been with this setting on a Mac. I had the notifications turned off, which could have been the reason. Going to see what happens after turning this back on now.

1 Like

Hey just a update, i open my laptop now and i have 1ads nexo.io

i have the same configuration

Keep up good work \Brave

Wow Amazing more 1ads “Honey” Its working for me now!!

PS. im at work on my Laptop but i use same VPN Mullvad in UK

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.