Brave ads are no longer appearing

Hi,

Description of the issue:

Brave ads are no longer appearing.
Brave rewards are parameterized correctly.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Brave Version(about:brave):

Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

Additional Information:

I am under fedora 35.
I am under gnome 41.
I am using brave from France.
I am not using any VPN.

I use brave sync on my desktop, laptop, and smartphone. I thought it was the cause of this issue. So I formatted my computer and I did not activated sync. It did not solve my problem.

I installed Brave nightly and I used it in the same time as brave release. Both of them were sync. I thought it was the cause of this issue. So I formatted my computer and I did not install brave nightly. It did not solve my problem.

I sometimes use mozilla firefox in the same time as brave. I thought it was the cause of this issue, so I stopped. It did not solve my problem.

As said in your page:

I tried another mouse. It did not solve my problem. Although you must know I do not have a gaming mouse. I did it just to be sure.

I thought the problem was that I used the same profil name for all my brave profile. I was using brave release and brave nightly on my laptop and my desktop. They were all sync. I changed the profile names. But it did not solve my problem.

As said in your page:

Media was playing on the active tab.
Playing or streaming media on some sites will prevent ads from being displayed.
I use youtube, twitch, odyssey a lot. But I am not alway watching those tabs. Could it be related?

As said in your page:

User were running multiple browsers with the same wallet
I thought it was the cause of this issue. So I formatted my computer and I did not sync the wallet nor on brave release or on brave nightly. It did not solve my problem.

My wallet is not verified nor synchronised. But it never was a problem to see ads before. Today I want to learn how to use it. That’s why I am writing to you concerning my ads problem.

I might have done some crap with my wallet, as I restored it and reset it several times. I am okay with that. I know I lost my previous bat. I only ever have a very few. But How can I know that today my wallet is marked as fraudulent or not?

Please let me know if I am not clear or if you need more information.
Sync is more important to me than ads, so now I am gonna reactivate it.
Thank you for your time.

Screenshot from 2022-01-25 12-39-46
Screenshot from 2022-01-25 12-39-06

Oddly it’s the same here. None of the 3 PCs we have at home displayed a single ad. New tab ads are missing too. I’ve checked both here https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ and here brave://rewards-internals/ to see if there are some issue, but everything seems as usual.

In the last 3 days I’ve received probably 2-3 notification ads in total and my wife too. New tab ads work. Maybe it0s just a slump in the campaign in my region, tough I see that now there are 21 active campaigns

@cryptoscio If it was just your desktop, I’d run through the ideas of notifications and all being a possible issue. Yet if you’re saying you’re running on multiple devices and none of them have been receiving, I’d suggest you just skip directly to messaging @SaltyBanana or @steeven . The reason why is you may have gotten yourself flagged while running so much at once, especially if they’ve seen you with reformatted computer and all.

When you message them, be sure to include the following:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

I know you shared some of that and hopefully tagging will bring attention, but it’s good to pass along more specific info like your Wallet ID to them so they look at things on the back end. Just make sure you DM them that information and don’t post here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.