Description of the issue:
Hello brave dev, It seems like brave Adblock doesn’t support ^$all in Ublock-Badware Risks. I found a scam crypto site, it blocked in uBO but this site is not blocked in brave. I wish brave developers will fix it because badware risks filter very important to protect brave users from scam and malware sites
The all option is equivalent to specifying all network-based types + popup , document , inline-font and inline-script .
Brave doesn’t support popup, inline-font or inline-script, that’s why
Also, to block a site you use either ||domain.example^ to block everything, get warning screen and apply every network filter on it, or I guess you can use ||domain.example^$document if you want only get the warning screen but don’t block anything else than that, so you can still ‘proceed’ and get the site displaying correctly.
Of course, the first one is the common one.
Yes and the problem is, 28 days ago was when they merged and switched from this to the “light” version which includes $all all over the place instead of just ^ (for whatever reason), it was done because of memory reasons but now it will be less useful for sure.
This is why I load them as Custom lists, less trouble for sure! even if some features, like apparently $badfilter only works for default lists and not for others because they need to merge adblock engines to make things work better. But I don’t care, the only time I noticed the issue was when clicking links in twitter, so I get the warning blocked message/proceed message. And the other downside is how custom lists have to be manually updated until they support the features like Expires: to update lists more often rather than 7 days.