Brave Ad Network - is this still a thing?

Dear reader,

I’ve been following the development of the Brave Browser for almost half a year now.

What got me interested wasn’t that Brave advertised itself as the safest or fastest browser - I mean who doesn’t say that about themselves, but because I really loved the concept of actually supporting websites and earning money yourself, just by browsing the internet.

That’s also how it was advertised in the video (German) where I had first heard about Brave.

To be honest, I am actually really surprised there is no information at all about the topic (at least there’s none easy to find), other than saying “it is a key element of the Brave browser and is not yet fully implemented”.

There is a rather detailed description of how it works, a blog entry¹ and a pretty good infographic².

There’s a little more info-y stuff on blogs/magazines who interviewed Brave Software, but all of that is almost a year old.
I also haven’t seen anything in the GitHub repository mentionig the Brave Ad Network or anything like that.

That’s why I’m asking, is this feature still planned?
If so is it actually realizeable or is there some problem that’s hard to come by - therefore blocking the implementation of this feature?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.
Best regards,
–Zuzu_Typ–

As a new user I am only allowed to post 2 links (whysoever that is… I don’t get why it would matter if there are 2 or 200 spam links).
¹ a link to this can be found at the bottom of the detailed description above
² can be found in the about section of Brave’s website.

On the aforementioned site there is now a note stating that Brave now “[focus] on the Basic Attention Token […]”. Now when will this be a thing? Or rather how do I know about it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.