Brave accidentally block a lot of picture/video hosting, making embed pictures/video disappear from the page

Unfortunately, it’s extremely annoying bug in AD.

It blocks images and video from many picture hostings (f.e. userapi.com, img-fotki.yandex.ru, img.mail.ru and so), and video (f.e. from vk.com) if they are embed on the page. It’s a solution to open image/video in new tab - in this case it’s not blocked.

Whitelist rules don’t work as well, so for now only the way to see images on page is disable adblock for it’s domain.

PS: I can provide a ton of example pages, so it shouldn’t be rare bug.

Hi @T-Troll, there are a few things that may be causing embedded videos to behave undesirably. Can you provide me your about:brave information? This will help us troubleshoot and narrow down the cause of the issue.

Additionally, you can try disabling “Strict Site Isolation” (Settings --> Security --> SSI).

Hi @Mattches, SSI is disabled, here are Brave info:

Brave 0.23.39
V8 6.7.288.46
rev a38be75
Muon 7.1.6
OS Release 10.0.17134
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 67.0.3396.103

Fingerprinting protection will also “break” many websites. Have you tried disabling that? And just to confirm, if you disable the adblock for the sites in question, they run just fine?

Yes, it works correctly if i disable adblock. However, i see images/video URLs in adblock “blocked” list.

Can you send me a screenshot of the “blocklist” you’re referring to?
You may also try adjusting the site specific shields settings (Lion icon on top right) for the offending websites one by one, to see which may cause the error. Start by toggling the ad control off. If the site still won’t display properly, turn it back on and try adjusting cookie controls. Continue this way until your Shields have been tested.

My pleasure.

Here is how it looks then adblock on - https://yadi.sk/i/zr-m1vc83ZS3nC
And then adblock off - https://yadi.sk/i/5FBxetgs3ZS3no
I’m highlight links in blocked list.

Most funny, you should disable adblock to see images at the link as well (as i say before, many image hosting sites have this problem)!