Brave abuse? I have not received BAT rewards for four months: June, July, August and September

Brave abuse
I have not received BAT rewards for three months (see screenshot) and everything indicates that there will be 4 in a few days: June, July, August and September. Despite the fact that month by month they announced the BAT that I would receive or received (see screenshot). I do not know to this day the reason why my rewards profile continues to be “Flagged”, Brave replied that it will continue like this (see screenshot) implying that I commit irregular activities for what is expected of a common user. It sounds like a joke, but it’s true. I have never committed any infraction, nor have I used a VPN, and I have not tried to become a millionaire with Brave’s BATs, violating any prohibition. In the last 4 months I have seen just over 900 ads, less than 10% were Brave ads. Worst of all, I have the browser installed on at least 4 devices and, honestly, with each passing day I feel more like uninstalling it.
I trusted Brave, Brave distrusts me.

*What Operating System and Brave version are you using? Windows 10. Versión 1.57.57 (64 bits)
*Who is your verified custodian? Uphold
*Are you in a supported region? Yes

1 Like

This means that Brave found enough proof that you might be abusing the system, therefore you won’t be re instated.

If they did re instate you then it certainly was a bug or something you did but Brave thought that it was acceptable but you aren’t gonna so…

Ticket 220273
September 5, 2023

Earning 3,060 BAT (May) from 4 devices is abuse? I guess it’s a joke.

1 Like

I have not received BAT rewards. Why am I being Flaged

1 Like

You are not alone. I’m flagged too. for couple of months I have tryed to connect gemini with brave. I’m one of the ones previous to no more brave and Gemini in Europe and checking today In a nother laptop I havent used much these last couple of months, says that I’m flagged. What a joke! Would love to understand what irregular activity? Yet, ads banners keep showing up and expected reward

3 Likes

I’m done with Brave at this point. Been using it since May 2022 on 3 devices, DELUGED with notification ads the entire time, never bothered to look at the accumulated “money” from them until tonight, and lo and behold … it shows ZERO.

In fact, entire MONTHS are completely missing from their records (bottom of this screenshot) …

We’re talking about a heavy, daily computer user, on both a PC and android phone, and never miss a single day of usage.

At this point I can ONLY conclude based on the evidence that Brave is a scam.

1 Like

You can see, you haven’t connected to Gemini or Uphold. Since February this year you can’t earn if you aren’t connected. The notices were given and all so it shows a notice in brave rewards if you are in a region which doesn’t support any custodial Partner.

Not Brave’s fault if you never looked into it more, like come on man!

Saoiray I friendly invite you so that you can give your qualified opinion on this case. The incident was already reported on September 6 and the respective ticket is 220273. Thank you in advance.

Hey @Cure. Honestly not a lot of time has passed since you made that ticket yet. It generally can take 3-5 business days before they even get to tickets. Then there’s the extra time in addition for them to investigate. If you created the ticket on September 6, that would have been a Wednesday. That means Thursday and Friday would be 2 business days (you don’t count the day it’s submitted). Today would be the 3rd. Chances are they’ll be getting to your ticket soon and hopefully will contact you this week.

On other though, I see you mentioned September 5. So either way, it’s been like 2-3 business days, give or take. So you should possibly be hearing back soon. Though also keep in mind they won’t continually respond to issues that’s been solidified. So like people who have been told it will remain flagged, they won’t change their minds just because you keep creating tickets. And they may just disregard tickets, as they don’t have unlimited time and resources to reply to people who just hope to annoy them into reversing decisions. (To be clear, I’m not accusing you of that, but just giving a vague example of things people sometimes try)

That said, I do not know what you’ll be expecting? According to your original post, they already have responded to you and advised you that your account won’t be reinstated. I understand that was back in June, but I’m not sure if there will be any changes from that time period.

I guess I can tag @Evan123 and @steeven to see if they can look into your tickets.

• June 2023: Ticket 200086

• September 2023: Ticket 220273

1 Like

I haven’t received BAT rewards in four months, but Brave congratulates me on receiving August rewards. Is resetting my Brave Rewards profile the solution? What do you say, @Saoiray? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Cure, I’ll take a look at the ticket’s you provided. Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

Hello, @steeven! Thank you for your support. Don’t worry, patience seems to be one of my strengths. Imagine not receiving even half a BAT since June. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, steeven! Brave Ads received a few minutes ago. There are many like these.

Hi, steeven! I have not received BAT rewards for four months: June, July, August and September, but… (Today)

Recompensas Brave
Anuncios privados

¡Enhorabuena! Has recibido tus recompensas de Agosto.

Ingresos actuales este mes (aproximados): 0.646 - 1.503 BAT
Próxima fecha de pago: 7 oct.
Anuncios recibidos este mes: 111

Historial de anuncios de 30 días
:confused:

1 Like

I haven’t received BAT rewards in four months, but Brave congratulates me on receiving August rewards. Is resetting my Brave Rewards profile the solution?

Just noting that if you upgrade to the latest version of Brave (1.58.x or higher), it no longer personally congratulates “you” for receiving rewards. Instead, it just notes that the payout is complete.

The notice has always just corresponded with the status of the payout process in general. It never corresponded to any individual user’s payout. So, the previous wording caused the kind of confusion you are having here, which is why it’s been updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not received BAT rewards for four months: June, July, August and September

@chriscat says: “The notice has always just corresponded with the status of the payout process in general. It never corresponded to any individual user’s payout.” @Saoiray @steeven

The unquestionable truth (see screenshot below) 1

@Cure what he’s saying is that the ## BAT has arrived never was User specific. It was a generic message to say that payouts had been completed. The browser would show your estimated earnings as a number there, but that never was a guarantee either.

Essentially what happened in the past is our Estimated Earnings would go to 0 at the end of each month. The browser then would tell us that we would soon be receiving payments. The format has changed a couple times. There was one that would say something like Your payment will arrive in ## days. Then another that said something like Your ## BAT will arrive by the 7th or whatever. You can tell I can’t remember the exact phrasing, but it’s bounced between something like that.

On one, it would automatically tell you that your payment arrived just because it was the 7th of the month. Then a modification made tracked the payout status such as at Ads Payout Status Update which just meant that their system had finished sending out all payments.

What Chriscat is trying to say is the browser never has been able to track individually as to whether each of our own payments were sent and received.

Hi @Cure, please see the reply to your ticket. We’ll have an update no later than Monday and will follow up directly there.