Brave able to maintain access to password required web mail even after complete shut down?

Description of the issue:
Closed Brave and switched off laptop. Switch on laptop some hours later and launch Brave. An info/action box appears (see below) which I delete. I then click on my shortcut to open my web mail and it takes me straight back into the inbox without needing to sign in.
Password is never saved in password manager

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Unfortunately for some reason this occurred 2 days running. It has happened a couple of times in the past but I ignored it.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
brave

Expected result:
Should not be able to access without password.
Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.65.121 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Win 7 SP1 32bit
Additional Information:
Irrespective of if the browser is shutting down properly (which in itself is concerning) I would have thought that with the machine switched off it should not be able to maintain the link where a password is required?

I have replicated this multiple times recently on another machine where I am having issues and having to force close the machine due to frozen display or similar. When I switch back on and relaunch Brave it comes up with the screen shot above and pressing restore means it goes straight back into my inbox - if it had been open prior to the shutdown.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.