Brave - a good try, but

Brave is a nice try, but hampered with too many bugs and problems to be an alternative to Chrome…so far. Hope they can solve it.

Feel free to share bug and issues that you encounter. Would love to hear and log it properly. :slightly_smiling_face:

Had to give up on Brave today, at least for now. I liked it. It performed nicely when freshly installed. Only one compatibility issue–with PNC Bank. Not that big a deal. And some minor issues with saving settings changes, which seemed to clear up with updates.

The main problem? It started launching slower and slower, until it wouldn’t launch. Led to reloading Windows and everything else from scratch. Attempt No. 2…over the last 10 days or so, Brave started taking longer and longer to launch, until again, it wouldn’t launch. And, it won’t uninstall. (Can’t find something it needs to uninstall.) I wasted a lot of time troubleshooting my router. Reinstalling my previous browser did the trick.

My gut feeling is there is some type of malware that is sabotaging Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.