Brave 64 bit losing scroll button

I’m running Brave in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and just getting this problem on one particular site - www.telegraph.co.uk. The site loads as it should but when loading has finished the down-scroll button on the right disappears and the screen window becomes fixed. This began happening just a couple of months or so ago.

This web site is an online newspaper which allows reader comments at the end of most articles. I’ve also always found that when I click on the ‘read comments’ button the browser hangs and the comments don’t appear. However, if I refresh the browser window and then click on the button, they do.

This is a bit mickey mouse IMO and I’ve had to revert to Firefox as a result as I’m fed up of inadvertently logging onto this web site and then having to start again in Firefox. Anyone know what’s happening and if it is user-overcomeable?

BTW, the site works OK in Brave in Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

@rollerball,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
It doesn’t seem like I’m able to reproduce this issue on my end, but I may be performing the incorrect steps. Can you give me a step-by-step way to get from landing on the page to the issue you’re describing so that I can properly test on my end?

See video, link below, that shows the problem

it works fine from my side try to clear the cache and restart your brave and see if it work

hope that help and have a nice day

Nope, no change. Funny the other browsers I’ve tried on this site work fine. So I guess Brave just doesn’t work for me.

2 other things to try
try to disable all extension and see if it work if not then try to create new profile

Nope, neither worked. I guess maybe Brave doesn’t like my cpu/os combination. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1909 + cum update KB4565483 running on AMD FX™-8350 8-core 4.00 GHz with GTX 950 card and 8GB RAM. But I have a different copy of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit running on a Lenovo laptop with an AMD A6 processor, a Radeon card and 8GB RAM that does exactly the same thing so it’s not a problem unique to my desktop PC.

just wait @Mattches to help you and have a nice day both of you

@rollerball,
No matter what I do I can’t seem to reproduce the issue as shown in your video. I would recommend (simply to test) try creating an additional, fresh browser profile (Menu --> New profile) and see if the issue persists when using the new profile. It will give us something to go off of knowing whether or not the issue is presents w/a fresh slate and default settings.

Also, to confirm the scroll bar disappears but you are still able to scroll up/down, right? Using the mouse wheel, for instance?

No creating a new profile doesn’t help and anyway, the problem is present on two quite different machines. The only common factor is that they are both AMD CPUs, not Intel. And no, the window is frozen rock solid. There is no way to scroll it up or down using either the mouse or keyboard arrow keys.

@rollerball,
Thank you for the clarification. Can you tell me if there are more sites that exhibit this behavior or if it’s just on telegraph.co.uk?

@rollerball,
Additionally, if you open your Shields panel and toggle Shields = off, does the site render as intended?

I’ve only seen it on this site but the site works fine in Chrome, Firefox and Edge

1 Like

Ah there you go. It was a Shields problem. I changed tracking to standard and the problem disappeared, then changed it back to aggressive and the problem is still absent. So something was screwed up and cleared. I’ll try doing the same on my laptop and come back.

2 Likes

Yes, success again. This time adblocking was set at standard and I had to disable and then re-enable. The site then came up with its cookie clearance screen again and showed ads but scrolling remained. I then reset adblocking to aggressive and the ads disappeared but the scroll button stayed put. So that appears to be it - a Shields problem solved. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

@rollerball,
You’re very welcome – please let us know if the issue returns.