Brave 0.60.45-1 - Public key missing (NOKEY) on CentOS

I am attempting to install Brave .60.45-1 on my CentOS 7 box. When I follow the instructions in the install doc I see the following in the repo:

brave-browser x86_64 0.60.45-1 brave-browser-release 69 M
brave-keyring noarch 1.0-1.fc30 brave-browser-release 6.0 k

Then, when selecting “y”, I receive the following:
Downloading packages:
warning: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/brave-browser-release/packages/brave-keyring-1.0-1.fc30.noarch.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA512 Signature, key ID e3ffc656: NOKEY

I have been attempting to install for the past couple of days with no success. I do execute “yum update” prior to attempting this, and there have been no updates.

I also looked at similar topics on the site, especially the one exactly the same but for version 0.58-1, but there was no resolution posted. I was able to get Brave installed on a different Ubuntu box, but need it to work also on this CentOS box.

I would be very thankful for any help in resolving this issue. Thanks very much in advance for the assistance!

Mike

1 Like

Hello again. Is there anyone that can help me? I’d be very grateful.

thanks,
Mike

Hello, Ubuntu is officially supported, unfortunately I can’t find anything of your OS here:
https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html#linux

Or is Centos = CentOS?

Hi MediaBird,

Centos is indeed CentOS.

Thanks,
Mike

Maybe @Mattches knows an answer :slight_smile:

Same here… anyone has been able to import the right key? or install it on CentOS?

I’m having the same issue as well. I can see the Brave public key, but I still get Public key for brave-keyring-1.0-1.fc30.noarch.rpm is not installed when I try to install via yum.

[me@localhost ~]# sudo rpm -q bash gpg-pubkey --qf '%{Description}' | gpg --with-fingerprint
pub  4096R/C2D4E821 2018-10-15 Brave Software <[email protected]>
      Key fingerprint = D8BA D4DE 7EE1 7AF5 2A83  4B2D 0BB7 5829 C2D4 E821

I’m having the same issue, trying to install on RHEL 7.5.

It seems like we need a developer to get the CentOS/RHEL instructions to point to a valid certificate for the RPMs provided… right?

Sorry for the late reply everyone, looking into this now.
cc @sriram for this as well.

2 Likes

Yea… I think so… or have a new key. But not sure this is something you an easily fix without help from Brave developers.

Just verified seems to be an issue with the public key. Unfortunately this needs to be fixed on backend so logged an issue for it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.