Box Tools in Brave - WHAT IS THE SOLUTIOIN?

Description of the issue: When on Box.com and trying to open any type of document when clicking “Open With”… “Microsoft excel” or “Microsoft word”, etc. it prompts me to download and install Box Tools Online (but I already have it installed and works fine in chrome, etc.) - it does not recognize that Box Tools has been installed).

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
1, Open Box website 2. Click on a file, 3. Select Open, 4. Under Microsoft Word (or other file type) there is a prompt with a link to “Install Box Tools”. 5. Download and install as normally would (no errors or issue with that). 6. Repeat. (Brave never recognizes that Box Tools is installed).

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): When Box is opened in Brave, it does not recognize that Box Tools had been installed.

Expected result: When clicking the “open with” button on box.com, the file in question should open via the appropriate application (excel, word, etc.)

Reproduces how often: Every time

@Rob.Bracero,
Thanks for reaching out. I’m curious if it is a cookie issue – while on the Box website, can you open the Shields panel and change the cookie control settings to All cookies allowed, refresh the website (it should refresh automatically) and then see if you get the correct behavior?

It still says “Install Box tools” see attachment.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.43.39 PM.png

@Rob.Bracero,
Sorry for the late reply – can you tell me if disabling Shields entirely (simply open the Shields panel and turn the main toggle “off”) makes any difference?