Box Tools in Brave on mac OS not working correctly

Similar to this thread here: How do I enable Box Tools in Brave on mac OS? - Couldn’t find a solution so reposting, hope that’s ok

Description of the issue: When on Box.com and trying to open any type of document when clicking “Open With”… “Microsoft excel” or “Microsoft word”, etc. it prompts me to download and install Box Tools Online (but I already have it installed and works fine in chrome, etc.) - it does not recognize that Box Tools has been installed).

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
1, Open Box website 2. Click on a file, 3. Select Open, 4. Under Microsoft Word (or other file type) there is a prompt with a link to “Install Box Tools”. 5. Download and install as normally would (no errors or issue with that). 6. Repeat. (Brave never recognizes that Box Tools is installed).

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): When Box is opened in Brave, it does not recognize that Box Tools had been installed.

Expected result: When clicking the “open with” button on box.com, the file in question should open via the appropriate application (excel, word, etc.)

Reproduces how often: Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Brave Version: Version 1.22.72 Chromium: 89.0.4389.128 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information: All other web browsers on this machine recognizes that Box Tools is installed and works as it should

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.