Description of the issue:
Brave becomes unresponsive after enabling Sync. Deleted all bookmarks, but they keep coming back. Impossible to re-stabilize Brave - unusable.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Enabled Sync with ONE iOS mobile device.
- iOS mobile device never synced - Brave froze and had to kill/restart app.
- On the PC side, nightmare followed with the following issues:
- Brave becomes unresponsive, consuming 500MB+ of RAM and lots of CPU.
- Originally had 1500+ bookmarks, which I was able to export and then deleted.
- Bookmarks (unsure which ones - seems pretty random, different each time) keep coming back!
- I’ve deleted bookmarks over and over again, still come back.
- Impossible to stop and re-stabilize Brave no matter what I try.
- Disabled sync on both devices.
- Problem continues on PC side. Mobile device appears okay.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Brave becomes unresponsive on PC, and bookmarks keep coming back after deleting them.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Since I saved the bookmarks, I’d like to completely reset/stabilize Brave. What’s the best way to do so? Is there a way to save my extensions configuration and then completely NUKE every last bit of Brave and re-install? I don’t want to deal with this instability. I want to start fresh (and be able to restore my configuration - even if I have to do so manually to ensure I don’t carry over any of this damage - this is a nightmare).