Bookmarks suggetions

Bookmarks suggetions

-not all favicons added after page fully loaded
-favorites doesn’t imported with corrent order from other browers
-realy hard to re-asign fav order nothing to show you where your drag and drop will land
-no ctrl+a select all for favorites to mass move them on other folder
-after move a folder to bookmark bar doesnt show (didnt try restart)
-after moving folder or favorite url on a folder automatinc move last on list doeasnt allow you to put it on position

Other ask for it also:
-When favorite has no name it automatic add url thats bad because i have to add a space on every url that i want to use only via icon because i lose space from my quick bookmark bar

I tried Brave a around a year and a half ago when I was attempting to escape Google, but went to Opera because of Brave’s lack of any reasonable bookmark management. Well, the Chinese bought Opera a few months ago, and given Mozilla’s behavior, Brave is now the only game in town. I was hoping to see some improvement, but bookmarks are still a disaster (on Linux, at any rate).

I thought that by now, there’d be some way to alphabetize bookmarks and move sub-folders to the top without the “drag, drop, whole tree closes, reopen, uh-oh, where’d it go, hunt it down and repeat” mess. I’m tech savvy (and bullheaded) enough to struggle with this, but I had to run up the white flag and reinstall Firefox on the family’s computers.

1 Like

They’re not updating their development timeline as frequently as they used otherwise I would have linked it here, but I’m positive within the next month we should see a seamless update of their latest tech and without a doubt most of the issue all of us are facing would be alleviated or removed instantly.

I don’t think many if not all users would want to utilize any other browser again following this update and after the integration of other currently researched tech at Brave in the updates that follow.

1 Like