Bookmarks not being saved. Not on bar or in folder

None of my bookmarks are being saved on the bookmark bar nor the bookmark folder. I thought it was because I wasn’t logged in, but was proven wrong after I logged in an tried again. I have tried quitting the browser with CtrlQ and then reopening but no dice. I was originally only using favicons, but then went to the text and favicons, still didn’t work.

B. Attachments
C.
i. Windows 10 Pro 64bit
ii. Brave: 0.18.18
rev: f3f5cc6ca729f9081e6beb94630dc5b6f23afb78
Muon: 4.3.9
libchromiumcontent: 60.0.3112.90
V8: 6.0.286.52
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 10.0.15063
OS Architecture: x64
D. Made some bookmarks, then accidentally closed browser due to my inexperience with it. Reopened and all bookmarks were gone.
E. All good!

Hi @tacticalsnail,

Are you enable Always show the bookmarks bar under about:preferences#general > Bookmarks bar section? Are the bookmarks appears in Bookmarks Manager (about:bookmarks or Ctrl+Shift+O)?

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that. It is enabled.

I’ve additional questions. Seems like you use preview version. :slight_smile:
Are you still able to see the bookmarks in Bookmarks Manager?
Are all settings get reset? Like it’s a new fresh install?

Will cc @suguru for additional answer.

None of the the bookmarks get saved in the bookmarks manager after I close the browser. The settings remain the same after I close.

Thans for the info @tacticalsnail,

Did you mind to try the following steps?
First, close Brave and follow:

There is only one “session-store-1” file located In the folder.

Also will cc @LaurenWags and @sriram for additional answer.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled…issue has been resolved. I’ll let you know if it starts acting up again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.