Bookmarks listing slow to open after starting Brave

This is a recurrence of the problem in this closed thread:

Essentially, the problem happens as follows:

1. Open Brave
  2. select a Bookmarks folder that has several sub-folders. For instance my “Shopping” folder has sub entries for several online merchants.
  3. An empty box opens and up to 30 seconds later the box is filled with the entries for the merchants. This should happen almost instantaneously.
    Originally I solved the problem by:
  4. deleting and reloading Brave and
  5. deleting the Brave Software folder under home/.config.
  6. rebuilding all options.

Now the problem has returned and I’ve narrowed down the cause a lot. If I delete all cookies in advanced settings the problem disappears. Now the problem is that I can’t narrow it down to an individual cookie. and I don’t know how to obtain a list or where the cookies are stored. Maybe the developers can help with this?

I’m running Version 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 19.3 (64-bit)

Was able to figure out how to list the cookies in the settings(Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy & Security > Site and Shields Settings > Cookies & Site Data > See all cookies and site data). Removed all cookies & site data I felt was superfluous. That did it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.